Education Research Advocacy
for Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgery
PSCVTS | ©1993 - 2017 PSCVTS | CONTACT US
REGISTERED UNDER SOCIETES REGISTRATION ACT 1860 | REG NO KAR 1993
What is PSCVTS?
The idea of Pakistan Society of Cardiovascular & Thoracic Surgeons was incepted as early as 1991. It memorandum was signed in March 1993 and it got formal registrtion under Societies Registration Act 1860 on 12th of October 1994.
Aims & Objectives
The aims and Objectives of the society as set out in its Memorandum are as following:
- Promotion of charity for advancing the health of the people of Pakistan and the world at large.
- Promotion of the cause of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery through meetings, symposia, seminars, lectures and clinical demonstrations.
- Support of research in Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery by awarding research fellowships and scholarships.
- Publication of books, magazines and journals of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery.
- Collaboration and/or affiliation with other national medical bodies and societies which may be making endeavours for the attainment of the objects of the society.
- Fund Raising by contributions, donations and by any other means, from members of the society.
The PSCVTS is governed by the Council of Managment or ` The Council '. The Council consists of upto 15 members. The tenure of The Council Members is two years and they can be elected for further two terms. Traditionally, the members of Council are elected by the ordinary members of the society in the Annual General Meeting held at the time of Biennial International Conference. The Council consists of various elected lead positions including President, Vice President, Secretary, Joint Secretary, Treasurer and Editor. For Details click here.
Any full time practicing Cardiovascular or Thoracic Surgeon who is on the consultant staff of a fully equipped hospital can apply for the oridanry memebership. The Council of the society hold the right to approve or reject such applications. The Oridanry Memebrs of good standing constitute the General Body of the society. There are other classes of members including Honorary and Associate members. For further details please clik here.